Purpose of the position:
Ensure profitable business growth through online customer support and e-commerce administration management.
This position will move between the flagship store in Paddington and the design studio in Surry Hills. This is an exciting new role where the candidate will be responsible for the proper execution of all online customer inquiries via email and for picking, packing and tracking all customer orders. This person would drive the online store forward with measurable growth and be supported in a collaborative team environment.
To start, the position would be 3 days a week Monday, Wednesday, Friday and would start with casual rates to determine that we have the right person and the workload is being managed. This position has room for growth and could become a part-time or full-time role with the right candidate.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Very motivated
- Proven problem identification/solving skills and business acumen
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, basic Photoshop is a bonus
- Retail and customer service experience
Other desirable skills
- Market and industry knowledge
- Relevant experience in customer service in the industry
- Flexibility and tolerance, open to new ideas and new ways of doing things
- You are as happy to take direction as you are to use your own initiative
- Have a “hands on” attitude in all aspects of the business, no job is too small for you if it helps us achieve the common goal.
- Ecommerce experience – WordPress and Woocommerce are a bonus
- Customer satisfaction through the delivery of products or services
- Customer satisfaction through dispute resolution
- Online sales performance and growth
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Sales and Customer Service
- Provide and be a model of exceptionally personal and proactive customer service. Guide remote customers through our collection and services; offer advice on sizing, materials and design selection. Make suggestions and anticipate customer needs.
- Promptly respond to email inquiries regarding Babyanything’s products and services, including but not limited to product availability, online orders, bespoke and personalized services, customer repairs, which do not are not directly related to retail.
- Ensure the timely and accurate fulfillment and shipping (pick up, pack and ship) of all customer orders received through the Babyanything online store.
- Respond quickly to customer shipping inquiries regarding the location of their package.
- Contribution to the achievement of sales objectives in retail and online
- Personally handle online customer complaints ensuring appropriate resolutions are found in accordance with correct policy and procedure.
- Issue accurate quotes and invoices to customers online
- Assist our in-store retail team if requested
- Be the facilitator for customer repairs returned to the workshop
- You would be responsible for the online store through WordPress and Woocommerce, reviewing and updating products online.
- Fulfillment of online orders.
- Transfer and deliver stock between our workshop and retail store, update inventory system accordingly.
- Support for live chat when implemented
- Management of online sales events
- Sample sale event management
- Maximize sales in the online store by working with the Brand Manager ensuring the full product line is always available for purchase online. Look for solutions when products are on the list of back in stock notifiers.
- In collaboration with the Brand Manager, analyze Google Analytics to improve sales results. Look at cart abandonment and conversion rate vs. sales. Attribute spikes in traffic to specific things to repeat and offer suggestions on areas that need improvement.
- Be a motivated member of the team. Work with staff to stay motivated, creative, collaborative and on brand. Always adhere to the values of Babyanything.
- Book couriers to and from suppliers, contractors, customers and wholesale customers.
- Work with the Director to manage and implement continuous improvement of Babyanything’s processes, policies and procedures.