DUBLIN, May 24, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Brazil B2C E-Commerce and Payment Market Report 2022″ has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Brazil is among the fastest growing countries in the world in terms of online retail sales. The publisher cites market statistics to demonstrate the continued growth of from Brazil B2C e-commerce, after the COVID-19 pandemic. from Brazil The B2C e-commerce market continues to flourish with the widespread adoption of online shopping and digitization of payments in the country.
Online shopping continues to take over
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to the widespread adoption of online shopping habits. At the end of 2020, nearly half of from Brazil population had shopped online.
Cross-border e-commerce has also become more important, accounting for a considerable share of the country’s total B2C e-commerce sales value and is expected to reach a share of around one-third of B2C e-commerce sales in the near future, as cited in The report.
Major B2C e-commerce websites maintain market positions
Many leading shopping websites maintained their market positions even after the pandemic lockdown ended and people were no longer confined to their homes.
Currently, the best B2C e-commerce websites in Brazil include mercadoliver.com.br, Americanas.com.br, Amazon.com.br, Olx.com.br and Magazineluiza.com.br, as noted in the report. In a survey cited in this report, the top product categories searched on the Internet were electronics, food, fashion and entertainment.
Digital payment for goods and services will increase, although credit card dominance will persist.
The use of credit cards was found to be the most widespread in Brazil among other payment methods and it is expected that credit cards will continue to be the preferred payment method by 2023.
The increase in the acceptance of contactless payments has followed the COVID-19 crisis. These payments have become the new norm; however, there is hesitation in adopting digital payments such as mobile payments.
Post-COVID-19 consumers have also become accustomed to delivery services, those of Brazil having convenience and speed as the main reasons for their use of certain delivery apps.
Answers to questions in the report:
- How much did from Brazil Increase in B2C e-commerce sales value after COVID-19 outbreak?
- What is the expected growth of the electronic payment industry in 2022?
- What was the share of cross-border sales in the first half of 2021?
- What are the ways online shoppers find e-commerce stores?
- Which e-commerce websites have the most visits in Brazil?
Main topics covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Overview and international comparisons
- B2C e-commerce market overview, March 2022
3. Sales and shares
- B2C e-commerce sales annual growth, in %, 2022e
- B2C e-commerce sales, BRL billion, % annual change, 2011-2020
- Total sales (domestic + cross-border) of B2C e-commerce, in billion BRL, H1 2020 and H1 2021
4. Internet users and online buyers
- New B2C E-Commerce Consumers, in millions, H1 2020 & H1 2021
- Number of new and existing consumers, in millions, first half 2020 compared to first half 2021
- Percentage of consumers who have already made an online purchase, in %, June 2021
- Actions taken by smartphone or tablet users, % of respondents, April – May 2021
- Health and beauty B2C e-commerce sales, BRL billion, 2019-2021e
- How online shoppers find e-commerce stores, by store category, % of orders, 2021
- Most searched product categories on the Internet, in % of respondents, 2021
- Top-selling product and service categories, as % of total B2C e-commerce sales, March 2020 – March 2021
- Brazil: Online travel penetration rate, in %, 2023f
- Breakdown of E-Commerce orders, by Mobile and Desktop, in %, H1 2020 & H1 2021
- Breakdown of devices used for online purchases, as % of total B2C e-commerce volume, 2021 vs 2022f
- Cross-border B2C e-commerce sales, in billions of Brazilian reals, H1 2020 and H1 202
- National B2C e-commerce sales, BRL billion, % change year-on-year, H1 2020 and H1 2021
- Share of cross-border B2C e-commerce sales, as % of total B2C e-commerce sales, H1 2021
- Share of cross-border e-commerce sales volume, as % of total e-commerce sales volume, 2022e
- Breakdown of regions’ contributions to the country’s domestic e-commerce growth, in %, H1 2021
- Number of digital-only banks, 2012 – 2021e
- Number of Neobank customers, in millions, 2016 – 2021e
- Share of consumers who intend to take out a loan when the country’s economy recovers from the pandemic, and share of those who would do so in a digital bank, in %, July 2021
- Overview of B2C e-commerce trends, August 2015
- Top Reasons for Applying for a Loan, by Traditional and Digital-Only Banks, % of Consumers, July 2021
- Actions taken after being refused credit, as % of consumers who were refused credit by a traditional bank, July 2021
- Distribution of payment methods in B2C e-commerce, in % of sales volume, 2021
- Mobile proximity payment users in selected countries, as % of smartphone users, 2021e
- Value of electronic payments, in trillion BRL, 2021-2022
- Number of real-time payment transactions, in billions, 2020 and 2025f
- Mobile wallet transaction value, USD billion, and volume, billion, 2020 and 2025f
- Penetration of mobile wallet users, % of population, 2020 and 2025f
- Distribution of Means of Payment, in %, 2020 & 2023f
- Breakdown of means of payment, in % of volume, 2020 & 2025f
- Main means of payment used during online purchases via a mobile, as a % of consumers, June 2021
- Use of PIX by online shoppers, as % of all online transactions by PIX users, 2021
- E-commerce transactions paid with PIX, as % of total e-commerce volume, 2024f
- Main reasons for not using the mobile payment application, in % of consumers, June 2021
- Preferred promotions in supermarket deliveries, as % of online shoppers, June 2021 – July 2021
- Reasons for buying via supermarket delivery apps, as % of online consumer panel, June – July 2021
- Channels used to place food orders, % of respondents, September 2021
- Number of WhatsApp users, in millions, annual change, in %, 2019 – 2024f
- Index of the level of development of delivery applications for each region compared to the overall situation in the country, June – July 2021
- Top 5 e-commerce websites, incl. Website visits worldwide, in millions, from Brazil Share of total visits, in %, from Brazil Number of visits, in millions, February 2022
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7it1xe
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets