ANN ARBOR – Melih Oztalay, CEO of SmartFinds Marketing, returns to MITech TV to provide valuable e-commerce tips for businesses looking to improve their online sales this holiday season.
The economy for the e-commerce holiday season
Despite the global recession and the cost of living crisis, the 2022 holiday season will see an increase. Holiday retail sales are expected to grow between 4% and 6% in 2022, according to Deloitte’s annual holiday retail sales forecast. E-commerce holiday sales are expected to increase 12.8% to 14.3% from the 2021 season. “Deloitte: Holiday Retail Sales Expected to Increase 4% to 6%”
Although the report indicates a smaller than expected increase in holiday spending, there is still an increase and the e-commerce forecast is still considered strong.
Ecommerce tips include leveraging organic traffic from Google
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is your number one to do in digital marketing
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is the second thing to do in digital marketing.
- You can direct all the website traffic to your website that you want. If your website isn’t able to convert website visitors into leads or sales, there’s no point in spending all of your time on SEO or paid traffic.
Ecommerce tips for your website
- Find the right keywords for the products you sell. Use tools like Google Trends and Google Search Suggestions.
- Focus on the content of your product web pages.
- Focus on user experience (UX). How is the website structured? How easily can someone move from page to page?
- Focus on how fast your web pages load on a laptop and mobile device. Website visitors will only spend a few seconds on a web page if it does not load quickly. Use tools like GTMetrix to help identify page load issues.
- Measure, analyze and interpret…. repeat the cycle. Tools like Google Analytics and Google Search Console will point you in the right direction.
Ecommerce Tips for Outbound Marketing
You need to generate demand to bring people to your website outside of Google’s organic search results.
- Social media marketing will be the key source you will want to tap into.
- Engage with other people’s posts…not just likes…add a comment.
- Make sure you have enough content…. blog posts (yours and others), photos, images, videos, etc.
Contact Melih Oztalay and SmartFinds Marketing
You can contact SmartFinds Marketing on their website or connect with SmartFinds Marketing on LinkedIn.
You can reach Melih Oztalay on LinkedIn, by email [email protected]or book an appointment on Melih Oztalay’s online calendar.
Past shows with Melih Oztalay
- Melih Oztalay explains whether you should outsource your marketing, June 6, 2022
- User experience and its impact on your website sales, February 7, 2022
- Melih Oztalay’s Digital Marketing News and Trends, April 26, 2021
- LinkedIn Live Analysis by SmartFinds Marketing, December 7, 2020
- How to Leverage Amazon Prime Day Marketing, August 13, 2020
About SmartFinds Marketing
SmartFinds Marketing is a digital marketing agency. SmartFinds provides comprehensive marketing strategies and solutions for businesses. The marketing process is managed by a team of contemporary marketers who manage new ideas and integrate the early adoption of strategic new technologies to achieve successful results. Helping clients understand web marketing and the world of web advertising through education and consultation is part of any SmartFinds program.
“Our years of trusted experience in advertising and marketing solutions date back to 1987 and the internet since 1994. From the very early days of the industry, we have scoured the internet for the knowledge, expertise and, most importantly again, the imagination to apply the resources of the Internet to the needs of your business,” says Melih Oztalay.
Melih Oztalay is an industry leader as a guest author on many websites like Search Engine Journal. Additionally, he is a guest speaker at numerous conferences and events, as well as being a called subject matter expert on my radio shows and podcasts.
SmartFinds Marketing….Creative Strategies. Innovative ideas. Use all the power of the Internet with us!