Do you have an eye for counting everything except sheep? This trip is for you.
Help our CEO earn pennies on our books. We’re looking for a process, detail and numbers fanatic who
loves rolling up his sleeves to meet accounting, reporting, internal control and compliance needs. This post
reports to the CEO who was previously CPA and may still be PIA.
The top candidate takes advantage of happy hours, but also secretly monitors which department they will be billed to.
Your daily adventures will include:
• Prepare financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements and other reports as
schedule, including consolidation and reporting
• Prepare journal entries related to payroll and other account transactions and reconciliations
• Manage customer billing, invoices and customer communication for all matters related to numbers
• Lead the month-end and year-end closing process
• Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensure and maintain compliance with GAAP
• Assist with audits and tax filings as needed
• BA/BS in finance, accounting or related field
• 2-10 years of accounting experience, or a compelling reason why you’ll be awesome
• Knowledge of GAAP and familiarity with financial statements
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Suite (Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.)
• Desire to learn and further develop accounting skills
• Desire to learn and further develop start-up skills
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Spirit of process improvement
• We use Quickbooks Online, Gusto and HubSpot — Bonus points if you’ve worked with these systems before.