Books With Pictures is a hidden gem you must visit in Southeast Portland, Oregon. Their motto is “comics for everyone” and they mean it, working hard to create a welcoming space for everyone and to deliver comics and graphic novels with diverse content.
comics for all
Books With Pictures says they are “aggressively inclusive” and work hard to offer books from diverse authors and with varied subject matter so there is something for everyone.
According to them website, “We were built from the ground up to prioritize inclusivity and diverse representation. We want to be the shop where you can say YES! to anyone who walks in and asks ‘Do you have an affair with anyone? ‘one who is like me?’ Our staff listens carefully to each client’s interests and curiosities to help open new doors.
At Books With Pictures you will find interesting stories of all kinds. Their website states, “We believe that representing diverse perspectives is crucial to our mission, and stock content that reflects this belief.
Books with host images events such as story hours, clubs and get-togethers, making the store a cool hangout and an essential place to build community for a variety of people.
If you can’t make it to the Portland area, there is also a partner store, Illustrated books: Eugene in Eugene, Oregon.
Illustrated Books Portland Oregon Information
- Portland location: 1401 SE Division St in Portland Oregon
- Phone number: (503) 841-6276
- Portland hours of operation:
- Monday to Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Get more information to Official Picture Book Siteand stay up to date with their latest news on their Facebook page and instagram. Events are displayed here.
- Please note: All children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
Do you read graphic novels or comics? Have you been to Books with Pictures? Share your favorite graphic novels with us in a comment and tag the friends and family you want to join on a visit to Books With Pictures!